The family has reached an agreement, and you are preparing to pack up all your possessions in readiness for moving out of state. Once you have made this relatively easy decision, the fun starts as you move into plotting and planning mode before the big move.
We have written this article to help set you on the least disruptive course as you move from one state to another. Moving state to state is expensive, so the last thing you want is the stress and chaos that goes along with a poorly planned move.
Consider Using a Storage Unit
Armed with the knowledge and experience that comes with previous moves can prove invaluable. You know the steps and the pitfalls of a move that lacks detailed planning and sets apart a well-organized move from a disastrous experience. Wisdom teaches that using a storage unit could help make your move so much easier than moving door-to-door across state borders.
Issues of Timing
Moving to a town or a city is one thing, but interstate movements are something quite different. For example, how would you react to these unfolding scenarios?
- Moving out of state is not for the faint-hearted. You have probably sold your home in your familiar zone and have yet to establish what is on offer on the other side.
- This requires risk management, because what happens if something goes pear-shaped in your new state.
- You have probably vacated the place you call “home”, then disaster strikes. The deal you hoped to secure falls through and you and your family find yourselves in “no man’s’ land”. Not a good space.
Enter the Storage Rental Option
This is a good space to be in, simply because you do not want to find yourself in a difficult situation when you are moving out of state. Storage offers sublime peace of mind as the moving issues unfold. Anything can happen while you are in transit and renting a storage unit makes good sense during the moving process.
Life Hacks 101: What Can Go Wrong…
You name it, just about anything according to how well you have planned the event. Moving requires a quantum leap of faith and a detailed action plan to cover any contingency. Remember, you are stepping into the unknown and you need to have all bases covered. Some events that arrive unexpectedly on move day are beyond your control and may scupper your plans. These include:
- Inclement weather
- Sudden sickness of a family member or pet
- The mover you appointed experiences a sudden emergency
- The job you were moving out of state to is not what you were promised
These are just a few of life’s challenges that can appear out of nowhere, leaving you stressed and not sure what to do next.
Experience a Great Move
Whether your plans involve moving out of state or renting a storage unit to safe-keep your important possessions, everybody looks forward to a good experience. Long distance or just around the corner is equally stressful. Detailed planning and correct packing can make all the difference.
Remember to box everything methodically. This means using plenty of cardboard boxes, bubble wrap and packing tape – a good storage facility can supply these. Be sure to get the right answers from the moving people you plan to use.